Sunday 4 September 2011

Will Charlton be brought Lowe?

I didn't generally go to midweek matches last season.   The product on offer did not really justify getting back home at 1 a.m. in the morning.   But I will be going to tomorrow night's game between Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday (I can't watch it on television anyway as the local council bans satellite dishes).

After an indifferent start to the season, the Owls signed Ryan Lowe from Bury, a player in whom Charlton had expressed an interest.   Lowe commented, 'Monday's game is almost like a second leg for me as I've ony just played Charlton this week.   They'll obviously know what I can do.  But hopefully I can help by bringing a bit of advice to my team-mates on how to try and beat them.  Hopefully, without putting too many hopes on myself, it would be nice to have my last goal for Bury against Charlton and my first for Wednesday against Charlton.'

The Addickted will have the chance to 'welcome' keeper Nicky Weaver back to The Valley.  He has been  reunited with his boyhood club.   A warmer welcome will go to Jose Semedo who was arguably our greatest loss over the summer.

Milan Mandaric clearly expects Gary Megson to deliver promotion and Four Four Two forecast a second place.   The Times goes for third.

I'm hoping the trip down to London won't be wasted and I am hoping for a 2-1 win for the Addicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment