Friday 4 May 2012

Will Hartlepool spoil promotion party?

I remember when we went up to the Premiership as champions we lost 0-3 at home to Ipswich which took a little of the edge off the celebration and sent the Bloke Behind Me ballistic as he screamed 'Sort it out Curbishley'.

Will Hartlepool spoil our party tomorrow? Their manager is calling it a 'curtain call' and is looking forward to rebuilding the squad over the summer: Monkey hangers

Apparently a lot of their fans are going to come dressed as smurfs, although for some unknown reason they are describing themselves as 'blue and white gnomes': Gnomes . I remember that when our Erith-born eldest was eight or nine we gave her a smurf and she still recalls it now she is a mum with two kids of her own as one of her best presents.

No disrespect to Hartlepool, I have a lot of time for Stuart Drummond who went from being the club's monkey mascot to elected mayor, but they are another team I am glad not to be playing next season. The presenter on PM this evening asked me if I was 'disappointed' about the elected mayors referendum results: what would have really disappointed me was if Charlton had not been promoted.

I need to catch up on my sleep after staying up until 4 a.m. doing election broadcasting, but I am looking forward to the day. I should have put something into my Radio Scilly sports show slot, but it's the biggest sporting weekend of the year on the island (world gig championships), so there wasn't really time. Anyway Keri prefers me to talk about Plymouth Argyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment