Sunday 10 June 2012

Former Addick to manage Bees

Former Addick Mark Robson is to take over as manager at Barnet: Robson

The bios mention that he was a former Charlton player, but not a rather unhappy spell he spent at Sparrows Lane: at least it seemed to end unhappily. To be honesty, I'd forgotten how long he was there and how he moved up the hierarchy under different regimes: Robson Most recently he has been coach at Peterborough United.

Addicks may remember him scoring from a free kick in a cup replay at Newcastle United. I remember him as Player of the Match when I celebrated my 50th birthday at The Valley. We lost 1-2 to Stoke City and he commented, 'Why do I always get Player of the Match when we lose?

Managing Barnet is a bit of a bed of nails, I hope it goes well for him. Note the comment made by one disgruntled fan about the chairman.

No comments:

Post a Comment