Saturday 24 December 2016

Scilly times

At Radio Scilly's Porthmellon studio

When Zoe Parry became the license holder and station manager at Radio Scilly earlier this year, I thought that my job as mainland football correspondent might be in jeopardy. I went to the islands to meet Zoe and not only was my 9.45 slot on Saturdays confirmed, she tasked me to cover the US presidential elections and develop a bespoke series on islands.

Zoe, who has extensive experience in commercial radio, stood down from her job at Islands Partnership today to devote more time to the station. Meanwhile, station DJ Will has to deliver five hours of live programming from 7 to 12 noon each day.

Zoe and I will be working on some new programming ideas in 2017.

Meanwhile, the New York Times has published the best report I have seen yet on the two team football league on the islands: Smallest league

Wishing all Addicks a Happy Christmas and a Roland and Katrien free New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment