Sunday 1 January 2017

Gasheads seek revenge

Today it's Belgium versus Jordan at The Valley with the visit of Bristol Rovers. The Gasheads will be seeking revenge for the 1-5 defeat inflicted by Kevin Nugent.

A friend who is a life long Gashead offered me a lift to that game from the Midlands. In the event he couldn't make it which was just as well because he was so disgusted by the result that he would have left me in Bristol.

He won't be at The Valley today as he works in Australia from January to April (it's a hard life). Neither will I as, although I am making a good recovery from knee replacement surgery, I can't drive yet and my physio says I must not use public transport. Just as well that I still have the milk delivered as the milkman brings everything from bread to cat food.

I think that the result in Bristol had a lot to do with the Gasheads gambling on three incautious half time substitutions.

The bookies find this a hard one to call, but I think that with Charlton fielding a depleted side, it's likely to be a draw. Odds are: Charlton 13/8, Draw 23/10, Bristol Rovers 13/8

Previous games at this level against Rovers ended 4-2 and 1-1.

Darren Deadman is the referee.

No comments:

Post a Comment