Friday 21 July 2023

A new chapter begins

I welcome the pledge of the new owners to engage in action not words and avoid grand promises: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/new-charlton-athletic-owners-reveal-list-of-major-shareholders-and-structure-of-their-senior-management-team/

I am still uncertain about their strategy, but that will no doubt become clearer with time.  Meanwhile, some familiar faces have returned to the club, Steve Sutherland for the third time.

The open letter from Thomas Sandgaard has had a mixed reception from fans: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/thomas-sandgaard-pens-open-letter-to-charlton-athletic-fans-as-se7-partners-complete-takeover/

Once again the words of the newsreels on the replacement of Neville Chamberlain by Winston Churchill are apt: 'Thanks for all you tried to do.'

Hopefully I will regain better health and join you at The Valley before too long.

4 comments:

  1. Just as when Sandgaaard took over, I'll give GFP a chance before criticising them. Let's hope that at last, we have a positive ownership experience.
    Hope you start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a speedy full recovery so you can enjoy Saturdays at the Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you still posting Wyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a speedy recovery and return to the Valley. I stopped going to The Valley during Roland's ownership. My regret is that I didn't stop when Sir Chris was so unjustly sacked. So I haven't seen anything of the team during Sandgaurd's ownership, buI I think that in years to come he will be praised as the person who rescued Charlton from some very dubious owners and a very uncertain future.

    ReplyDelete