Tuesday 24 September 2024

Jones rumours are just that

Rumours that Nathan Jones will fill the vacancy at Cardiff City are just that, even though they have been repeated on social media by Charlton fans who have forgotten to take their tablets.   If you look at stories like this one, they are just a web of speculation based on what bookies think and the fact that Jones worked on the turnstiles at Cardiff as a youth: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nathan-jones-already-made-feelings-092335609.html?

Those who think he is the problem rather than the solution would doubtless welcome his departure, but they should remember that any incoming manager would face a squad largely curated by Jones.

2 comments:

  1. Well predictably, you would say. I would welcome his departure. Perhaps he would be replaced by someone who has more than hoofball as a tactic? If you asked those leaving the ground after the Blackpool debacle, I don't think I'd be out on my own.
    As for inheriting NJ's squad. That's always the way it is within football management, nothing new there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was always my fear that we'd given the funds to the wrong manager. Replacing May with Adhame for even more money will never make sense. Like Daggs, nothing I've seen this season fills me with optimism that Jones is the savior and has actually confirmed my worst fears in spite of the fortuitous results to date (I accept the defence is vastly improved but at an inordinate cost to the attack).

    I would love NJ to go to Cardiff and would happily pay his fare there. The squad aren't necessarily too bad but the (lack of) tactics are. January investment in some attacking width could transform the squad. Plenty of loan options will be available. I'm getting ahead of myself and far too giddy at the prospect of seeing some actual football played at the Valley this season but at least I have a slither of hope now.

    ReplyDelete