Saturday 12 August 2017

Another one who got away

When Dale Stephens moved to Brighton a Seagulls fan I knew (sadly no longer with us) asked me what I thought. My response was that he could expect the occasional sensational goal, otherwise although he was a very competent player, he was nothing special.

How wrong I was. In its Premier League season preview The Times says: 'Dale Stephens is very important to Brighton, so their best piece of business was probably to get him to re-sign.'

In the Four Four Two preview fan Scott McCarthy says, 'Our most underrated player is Dale Stephens. He isn't flashy, but you notice when he isn't playing.'

He made 84 appearances for Charlton between 2011 and 2014, scoring 10 goals: Career details

Good luck to the Seagulls, especially against Palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment