Saturday 19 August 2017

The big wins always happen when I am not there

Charlton won a convincing 4-1 victory over Northampton Town yesterday: Victory

They did so without me being there. Perhaps I should stay away. I remember missing a 5-1 win over Preston North End when the electric wires came down on the line to Euston. Some Addicks were trapped on a train for hours.

This weekend is my last chance to spend some time with my granddaughters as a group before they take their divergent paths into adulthood: one starts work tomorrow; one is going to music college in Birmingham; one has to make her decisions about which universities to apply to this year. Southampton, where she was born and her father is a season ticket holder, looks like it may be first choice.

I have forecast all three results correctly so far this year on CAFC Picks. I haven't go the scores right on the West Sussex CASC 'Badger' League. We shouldn't be lulled into a sense of false security, as the Chicago Addick has pointed out. We still need another striker.

One Addick who was there commented that the Forster-Caskey goal alone was worth the admission price and that Amos was much better today.

Charlton are now 6th in the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment