Wednesday 23 August 2017

Jacko: club going in the right direction

Reflecting on the defeat at Norwich, Johnnie Jackson says that the club is going in the right direction, although one or two squad additions are needed: The right way

I have great respect for Jacko as a player-coach and Louis Mendez as a journalist and this is a well done and informative interview which is worth reading. However, I am sometimes amused by these 'morale boosting' interviews.

After all Jacko is hardly likely to say: 'We're in deep do do if we don't get another striker and an experienced back up keeper; the squad lacks depth and is too reliant on young players; and I don't like being a human shield for Katrien Meire.'

I have no doubt that Jacko does genuinely think that things are going the right way and it is good to have him on board in his current role.

Richard Cawley has tweeted that Luton Town have made a bid for Barnet ace John Akinde. Charlton are not interested. I don't think we need to go fishing in League Two where I think that defences are much weaker. Luton are desperate to get out of League Two: Mad as hatters

No comments:

Post a Comment