Wednesday 17 March 2021

Odds shorten on Adkins

It appears that Danny Cowley, who had been sounded out by Charlton, is going to Portsmouth, but the odds are shortening on Nigel Adkins.

Adkins certainly justifies the 'experienced' tag, his most successful spell was at Southampton: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Adkins

I have some doubts about whether goalkeepers are the best managers, but that may not have any basis in evidence.

Some fans think that an Adkins appointment would show a lack of ambition, others that it would be underwhelming but realistic.

I suppose I take the latter view.   Someone like Howe or Wilder is not going to drop two divisions.  Sandgaard is rich, but not super rich,   I really like Johnnie Jackson, but I think this is a chance for a reset.

No comments:

Post a Comment