Sunday 7 March 2021

Oxford denied penalty against the 'big boys'

Oxford supremo Karl Robinson showed that he can still talk the talk when he claimed in this morning's Football League Paper that his 'better team' were denied a penalty at the Kassim Stadium yesterday.

Referring to the Charlton penalty he said: 'If that's a penalty I wish the ref would tell me why he didn't award one for an identical challenge of Olimade Shodipo in the first half.'

However, the referee was not impressed by Gobby's shout of 'Matron!'  'When I asked him about it, he said it was just a coming together of players.  But they were identical.  It just shows the inconsistency.' [I saw a trip on Stockley, I can't recall the first incident but perhaps I was distracted by the cars moving about behind the Charlton goal.

It was Oxford's third successive draw but Robinson had his well thumbed book of excuses ready.  'When you think Charlton came down from the Championship last year, it's a great credit to my players.   We've been playing the big boys.'   If only.

Charlton Retro

The latest article looks at what happened at Charlton when the Second World War broke out which has some parallels with recent events in football: https://retrocharlton.blogspot.com/2021/03/war-clouds-over-valley.html

No comments:

Post a Comment