Sunday 28 August 2011

Waggy interview

Scott Wagstaff has a feature interview in The League Paper today.   He says, 'I've been at this club since I was eight and while it's good to have other clubs saying nice things about you, I love this club and never wanted to leave.  I want to play at a higher level, but I want to do it with Charlton.'

Referring to the changes over the summer, he comments, 'The fear is that it'll take time to gel, but we haven't.  It helps that we've got senior players like Johnnie Jackson and Bradley Wright-Phillips still here.  They're key for us.   We bonded and looked strong in pre-season and that's continued for us'.

Wagstaff said that he is looking to better last season's goal tally of 10: 'It's important for me to score, especially as we've signed Danny Green from Dagenham and we're competing for a place so I have to make sure I'm at my best.'

As yesterday confirmed, he is also good at playing in the 'hole' behind a striker and perhaps that is his best position.

No comments:

Post a Comment