Saturday 15 June 2024

Chris Powell comments on MBE award

Chris Powell has responded to the well-deserved award of a MBE for services to football.

“The game I love has given so much to me, but this recognition wouldn’t be possible without the support of so many people, including everyone at Links Primary School,Cranmer Middle School and Raynes Park High School."

 “I would also like to thank the staff, players and supporters at the clubs I played for, managed and coached. I am proud to have represented each and every one of them on the pitch and on the touchline. I always thought that representing my country and The FA would be the pinnacle of my career, as both a player and a coach, but this honour is beyond my expectations."

.“Additionally, I would like to thank The PFA for all their support, and for having the great honour of being their chairman. I feel it is also appropriate to give mention to the charities I work with and represent, such as Prostate Cancer UK, Show Racism the Red Card, Kick It Out (Let’s Kick Racism out of Football) and The Football Foundation, all of whom do incredible work, and I’m proud to support."


No comments:

Post a Comment