Monday 4 September 2017

Forster-Caskey's story

Jake Forster-Caskey was featured in yesterday's Football League Paper. He got his double barreled name because his father was Darren Caskey, the former Spurs, Reading and Notts County midfielder; his stepfather is Nicky Forster, a striker, who also played for Reading and for Brentford.

He finds both of them a great help with their extensive Football League experience: 'They definitely keep me grounded when things are going well and they're good to turn when things aren't working out or when I'm going through new experiences. It helps more when you're at a low more than when you're on a high because they've been there and done that.'

The midfielder said, 'I came to Charlton in January and I felt towards the end of last season I started performing how I expect myself to perform ... When I came in, we had a lot of good players but I'm not sure there was a winning mentality. There haven't been too many new players coming in this summer, but the mentality has definitely changed.'

Forster-Caskey played on loan for Karl Robinson at MK Dons and believes he is benefiting from being given the freedom to play under Robinson. 'He has gathered a good group of players and we have young, hungry players who want to do well for the club.'

'I'm looking to get back into the Championship, and that's where Charlton want to be too.'

No comments:

Post a Comment