Monday 28 September 2020

Bowyer: 'We need someone who can finish'

Lee Bowyer told Richard Cawley of the SLP: 'We need to bring in a striker who is going to take them chances we’re creating. We can’t keep doing that - missing chance after chance after chance. We need someone who is going to finish.'

'We had someone here and he went back home because things changed in the middle of the week. But now I hope to get that back going and get him back into the building next week.'

'I could have left on more than one occasion but I chose to stay because I want to be the person who takes Charlton back to the Premier League. It will take time but Thomas is here for the long haul and I want to be a part of that. I believe we'll get there.'

'I'm happy we can start moving forward and building - that's it. I'll sleep better now. I feel exhausted. I can't tell you how many sleepless nights I've had or waking up - seeing things get worse and worse.'

Richard Cawley tweeted on Monday afternoon: 'Doesn't sound like there is set to be any signings at Charlton today. Obviously work going on behind scenes to line things up.'

Cawley added: 'The trialist in action for the Addicks this afternoon is Ruben Carvalho, who had been with Aylesbury United.'

SLP report on yesterday's game: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charltons-defeat-at-lincoln-city-only-underlines-urgent-need-to-strengthen-squad/

West Bromwich Albion are targeting former Addick Karlan Grant.  They are prepared to pay Huddersfield £5m for a one year loan move and a total of £18m to sign him if they avoid relegation.   Apparently our cut on the sale would be £2m - £3m, presumably nothing from the loan.

1 comment:

  1. Joe Taylor cray 31 goals last season would fit the wage bill
    Timmy abrahams Newport
    Cody bishop wyn knows well accrington
    Leon Clarke free agent
    Joel Lynch free agent
    Norwood Ipswich

    Jonathan acworth

    ReplyDelete