Thursday 16 February 2023

Orange one in takeover talks

Simon Jordan just told TalkSport that he was 'approached to talk about' and had 'conversations' with people involved in Spiegel's takeover bid.

“I know about [the new ownership situation], I was approached to talk about it. I can’t see myself ever wanting to get involved in Charlton quite frankly."  [Just as well, as we wouldn’t want him].

“I’ve had conversations with people about it who are very well known to me and are in the mix. They’ve made some sensible decisions so far, by bringing Peter Storrie back, who is a very capable operator.”

‘Operator’ is certainly one word that could be used.  I must say that I am bit puzzled by having a CEO on a consultancy basis, but I suppose it reflects the current uncertainty.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment