Thursday 5 July 2018

Bowyer finding signing players 'very stressful'

Lee Bowyer is expecting fresh interest in Patrick Bauer and Josh Magennis this summer: Fresh interest in striker

Bowyer sees a physical centre midfielder as a priority, but admits there aren't many out there.

The shell shocked supremo said about negotiating deals, Bowyer said: 'It is very stressful. I’ve never been on the phone so much in my life. In the last five or six weeks I have been on the phone more than the last five or six years.'

'I went and met Lyle and I went and met Ogogo. Unfortunately that didn’t come off – he chose to go to Coventry. You are trying to persuade these players why we are the right club for them.'

That isn't easy with the future funding and ownership of the club so uncertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment