Monday 17 December 2018

'Bowyer brings hope to unhappy Valley'

That is the headline over a back page feature article in 'The Game' section of The Times today.

'When I was here as a kid it was a nice family club', said Bowyer. 'There was a good relationship between the fans and the players. But when I came back, 18 months or so ago, it didn't seem like that anymore, and it's a shame, because it's a great club.'

'When I took over as manager, I knew that was something I had to put right. And that's what I'm doing. I'm just trying to make the place like it was when I left. Make our football attractive to watch. We've got great players, and they're all together. Once you include the fans in that, it becomes a very difficult place for other teams to play.'

The surprised supremo said, 'I had no intention of becoming a manager. My wife basically said, "You can't sit here watching telly all the time. Go and do your coaching badges, see if you like it." I had no plans, no intentions, but football can change things and now I'm doing it, I'm enjoying it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment