Sunday 16 December 2018

Clarke: my injury struggle

Today's Football League Paper has a double page spread on Billy Clarke and his struggle to recover from his ACL injury.

Clarke said: 'I'd played the first four months of the season and I was really enjoying it. To have a season ending injury, which has now gone into this season, is unbelievably hard.'

'It's hard times in the gym physically and mentally.' Clarke admits that his method of recovery was largely to take himself away from the team environment. 'There were some lonely times, but it was my own choice.'

'I'm desperate to get back in,' he said. 'Now I'm watching games fully fit and waiting for my opportunity to get back. I give 100 per cent whenever I play and that won't change. I have no doubts I will get back to where I left off. I will also be hungrier and more experienced.'

He commented, 'Lyle Taylor is a great focal point up front and I don't think anyone comes close in this league to his partnership with Karlan Grant. Lee Bowyer has come in and he demands hard work. The same goes for his assistant, Johnnie Jackson. He's gone into coaching as if he's been doing it his whole career.'

No comments:

Post a Comment