Saturday 26 December 2020

Argyle resume their pilgrimage

Plymouth Argyle have made the long trip up from Devon to play Charlton at The Valley this afternoon.  According to a recent edition of The Football League Show Plymouth is in Cornwall which was news to a lot of us.

Argyle are, however, the best supported club on the Isles of Scilly, in part because of the training they provide for isolated local youngsters who are not enthused by the two team football league.  Before I was sacked as mainland football correspondent of Radio Scilly, I was told to focus on the Pilgrims so I should know something about them.

I will try and share some of this knowledge later, but I am running behind as I am on media duty for the festive period.   Normally this is very quiet but France24 asked me to go on air late on Christmas Eve and then woke me at 5.30 the next day.

Plymouth do much better at home than on the road.   They have only lost two games at home and won six. Away from home they have scored just seven goals, won no matches and lost six.  Should be favourites today then.

The CAS Trust preview reminds us that we last played Argyle on Boxing Day sixty years ago when the scoreline was 6-4: https://www.castrust.org/2020/12/plymouth-6-4-would-be-a-nice-treat/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=plymouth-6-4-would-be-a-nice-treat

My Christmas Charlton quiz will be open until New Year's Day.   The email address has been corrected and should now work: https://addicksdiary3.blogspot.com/2020/12/christmas-quiz.html

No comments:

Post a Comment