Thursday 3 December 2020

Bowyer backs down

Lee Bowyer has issued a qualified apology or at least a clarification for the remarks he made last night that upset many fans.

He told Richard Cawley of the SLP:  'They play a massive part and I wasn't trying to have a pop at them. The relationship I've got with them is unreal.'

He continued: 'There are not many managers who have a relationship like I do with our fans. I've only ever spoken highly of them from day one. People took what I said last night as negative.'

'They had nothing to do with the performance, absolutely zero. We lost 1-0 and deserved to lose. They [MK] looked sharper all over the pitch.'

Bowyer gave a 'long, passionate answer' when Richard Cawley asked him if there was anything more he wanted to say: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-ive-got-a-special-relationship-with-charlton-fans-id-never-have-a-pop-at-them/

No comments:

Post a Comment