Saturday 12 March 2022

Thanks for asking

The club wrote to me yesterday about my poor attendance at home games this season.  Unfortunately, I have had a minor but persistent condition that has affected my mobility.

My GP is a Manchester City season ticket holder and follows them around Europe. He has made it clear that I am to keep away from the 'crap' teams I support, including my non-league club.

I have listened to all the commentaries and watched games that have been streamed.   It looks like I might get a clean bill of health soon, so I may be able to make the tail end of the season.

Addick's Diary will have been running for 25 years next season and it may be time to call it a day.   Next year it will be 70 years ago when I first went to The Valley.  Blogs are less popular than they were and the Burgundy Addick provides excellent match reports while Drinking During the Game and the Chicago Addick provide incisive analysis.

I want to concentrate on my more general football work, including the television work I do for the Press Association/Globelynx for stations in the Gulf and Far East.

However, I am considering a podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment