Wednesday 30 January 2019

Farewell, then, Karlan Grant

The official site has just announced that Karlan Grant has joined Huddersfield Town. The fee is not known, but seems most likely to be £1.5m plus add ons, which should cover losses for three months.

Grant had to have a medical to check that his configuration would fit the bench.

Getting another striker in on loan is now urgent. I am not sure who will play up front on Saturday.

Grant said: 'I would like to thank Charlton for the past 10 years. It’s been a crazy journey with some amazing times. I would like to thank Bows and Jacko [Johnnie Jackson] this season in particular for helping me grow as a player and also the lads who have been brilliant to me.'

'Steve Avory, Joe Francis and Jason Euell have all been there since I’ve started. They’ve helped me through my journey from the academy all the way up to the first team and I can’t thank them enough for that. Charlton is a special club and I hope they achieve promotion this season and success in the future.'

Richard Cawley of the SLP commented, 'It's the end of the G & T partnership, lovely while it lasted.'

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Really? Last season he wasn’t wanted and was constantly getting slagged off by Charlton fans. Now he’s got a long-term contract on surely a lot better money. Who hasn’t moved for more money in their job? It’s just the latest in a long line of players being cashed-in by Charlton owners, they’re the ones who are to blame, not a player seeking long-term security. Good luck Karlan and thanks.

      Delete
  2. agent has unsettled him if he had no agent he would have stayed at cafc no brainer the bloke showed no sign of loyalty to the club that stood by him I want this agent banned from working with Charlton ever again who the fuck does he think he is just to ear a slice of the 20k a week this is where the fa need to step in and tell agents to back off unsettling players just to booster their bank accounts I for one will never forgive grant for this reminds me of the parker transfer if not worse

    ReplyDelete