Tuesday 7 May 2019

Let's have less talk about plastics

I have not been a boycotter and I have kept up my season ticket and the Valley Gold subscription which supports the Academy. I respect the stance of those who do boycott, although one or two seem to have wavered recently.

The play offs are going to attract people who haven't been to a Charlton game for years, but we need their support and we hope that support will continue if we are successful. I would be delighted to see some old friends returning.

Of course, we don't want loyal fans unable to get tickets and the loyalty points system seems crazy to me, not rewarding those who make long trips to away games in obscure northern towns. The priority given to Valley Gold is questionable. If it's any consolation, I don't qualify for a Donny ticket even with Valley Gold and 400 loyalty points. Computer says no.

The one category I don't want to see at the play offs are stripy Nigels (or Nigellas). My father-in-law was Palace: enough said. I don't have as big a problem with Millwall supporters because in the 1950s there were quite a few people who watched Millwall one week or Charlton the next. I had more an issue with the 2,000 or so who headed past The Valley if the Woolwich rejects were at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment